In the latest episode of the Registers of Scotland podcast, we tackle some of the key questions we’re asked by members of the public. They usually go something like this: How can I find my property documents? Where do I find local house price information? What does my title sheet actually tell me?
Listen in now
Alongside our experts Isla and Cath, we answer all these questions and more. Listen in below or search for us on your favourite podcast app.
The topics we discuss during the episode are:
- The ins and outs of a title sheet (02:30)
- Burdens and securities (04:02)
- How to get a copy of your title sheet? (07:00)
- What does land registration involve? (08:34)
- What are advance notices? (11:27)
- What happens when a property changes owner? (13:10)
- What are boundaries? (14:32)
- What if your property is on the Sasine Register? (17.30)
- What is the land register? (20:35)
- What doesn’t a search sheet tell you? (22:49)
- Why land registration matters? (24:00)
Got questions for us?
First off, head to our comprehensive simple guides on our website. You can also search Scotland’s land register using ScotLIS, Scotland’s land information service. If you have any questions, you can get in contact with us on social media — we post on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn daily.