On 24 March 2018 Registers of Scotland will be switching off all the lights in our Glasgow and Edinburgh offices as part of Earth Hour. Earth Hour is a global movement which brings millions of people together to call for greater action on the devastating effects of climate change.
Earth Hour is an important symbolic action to help raise awareness, but we’re also taking practical steps to reduce our carbon footprint and take greater care of our planet:
- The move of our Glasgow office to St Vincent Plaza reduced our carbon emissions by 75%
- By making SVP a truly digital-first office, we were able to reduce our total paper usage by almost 25 per cent in 2016/17
- Our electricity consumption figures for 2016/17 were down 10 per cent compared with the year before
- We’ve recently been awarded a Cycling Friendly Employer award by Cycling Scotland in recognition of our efforts to promote cycling to work
- We’ve established an environmental working group to help encourage and embed positive changes that will improve our environmental impact