Terms and conditions
The Registers of Scotland blog has been set up to provide a platform for discussion and to share information which is relevant to our stakeholders. This site must not be used purely for advertising purposes.
Commenting within the RoS blog requires compliance with the following group rules and guidelines:
Please refrain from posting any content that could be flagged as spam. Self-promotion for commercial purposes (ie advertising a book or article which is only available at a profit) and direct sales pitches are not allowed. Commenters engaging in these activities will be warned first and then removed from the group if the activity persists.
Posts should be respectful, mindful and polite to other members.
Inappropriate postings include:
- harassing, abusive, or threatening postings/comments
- attacking individuals, groups or RoS
- derogatory, unprofessional, disrespectful comments
- harmful to minors, obscene/pornographic, objectionable, privacy invasive of others or in violation of UK and Scottish law
- infringing on intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties
- defamatory comments about RoS, any RoS publication and/or initiative, RoS member or any other individual or entity
- promotion for personal gain, such as advertising a published work to make a profit, or selling products or services
RoS employs a strict notice and take down rule. Any commenters who posts content which is deemed to be inappropriate will be notified and the post taken down. The RoS moderator has the right to remove all inappropriate posts.
No responsibility / no liability
Commenters agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against RoS with respect to these rules, including, but not limited to, member posting, posting restrictions, deletions, or moves, and member restrictions, removals, or blocks.
Lastly, please be respectful of other group members’ opinions. As long as the opinions, views and debates are not threatening, abusive, defamatory, discriminatory or harassing, or not in breach of these rules and guidelines, everyone is entitled to express him or herself, even if you may disagree.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.